As I near completion I knew that I needed an editor to review In Search of the Wise Men. I reached out to a contact overseas just to see if his schedule would allow for him to do the work in such a short turn around. Not more than an hour after I emailed him I had a work call and the lady asked about my book. I shared with her my progress and that I had just reached out to an editor. She laughed and shared that she too was an editor and would be willing to help. I told her about the book and it seemed like a good fit so I offered to share it with her to see if it was a project she wanted to pursue. Not more than an hour after I shared it with her my other contact emailed and said he was interested in editing the book. I now had a dilemma, who to choose? Luckily I have another book so I decided to punt and give both of them a chance.
It is interesting the other book named Not One Soul Lost has been completed for a over a year but it just needed a final push. As the opportunity presented itself and I had a choice to make I realized that if I did not choose in it would be six more months if not years before any additional progress was made. The only reason I was holding back was because of money and now I realize that is the same argument I make of the three wise men. When they saw the star they didn’t say; “I would like to follow but I don’t have the time or the money.” If we believe that we truly have been sent to earth for a purpose then sometimes we need to make a choice that doesn’t always make sense. For me that was hire two editors in two hours.